Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Hello!

Welcome to my blog. The Christian Commentator is my point of view on topics making headlines across America. I strongly believe that as Christians we must move beyond our individual denominations and unite to spread the Good News of Jesus Christ. With the political turn our world is taking I believe it's time for us as one church to speak out and defend the principles that our faith (and this country) were founded on.

It frightens me when I hear our nation's leaders say that this is no longer a Christian country. I find it sad that in a world where "anything goes" and where free speech has often crossed the boundries of good taste, the Christian point of view is being squelched out in the name of political correctness. As long as this remains a free country we as Christians do have the right to defend our point of view. In fact, we are called to defend the name of Jesus Christ.

I hope you enjoy my thoughts, and I invite you as Christians to share your own. If you are not a Christian there are plenty of great websites that will point you in the right direction, just key in "How to become a Christian" and people more qualified than I can point you to where you need to be. Even if you are not a Christian you are welcome on my blog.

Some of my personal favorite ministers are Billy Graham, Joyce Meyer and Beth Moore.
I hope to hear who some of yours are, and your thoughts about the events of the day.

Until next time.......

Teri

No comments:

Post a Comment