Thursday, July 23, 2009

Oh Superman Where Are You Now........?

I love that line from Phil Collins' "Land of Illusion." I heard the song today on the radio (and believe it or not good ol' free radio) and I was struck by it's current relevance in today's political climate. No matter if you're Democrat or Republican, the whole proposed national healthcare reform is at the very least puzzling and for many, downright SCARY!!! No one seems to know the answers, but don't we deserve them? Write your congressman and senators, and demand that they get the answers before voting. It boggles my mind that any elected official can vote on a piece of legislation before actually reading the bill. But I'm not naive... power, wealth, presitige, these things seem to rate higher for many of our politicians who seem to somehow forget that they work for us. BTW---the song line ends....."Where things have gone wrong somehow....." Let's hope "gone wrong" doesn't eventually mean healthcare rationing, denial of claims, and denial of care for the elderly.

Speaking of great songs--another favorite of mine is "God Bless the Broken Road," by Rascal Flats.

When I heard it today it dawned on me that the song is basically about redemption, which strangely enough is the central theme of a Christian Fiction book I'm writing. My central character Tommie has been down a "broken road" of her own, and it's my goal that when I have written the last line that Tommie too, will ask God to bless her broken road, just as I have. If everything goes on schedule the book will be available next year. I'll keep you posted..........

Teri

No comments:

Post a Comment